Today, we had a really good morning, so off to Walmart we went! We were cruising right along, starting in the back working our way to the front by the deli. Vaughn-who we have started to notice being musically inclined-began to sing. He sang nothing other than his favorite song, "Blessed be Your name" by Tree 63. At first, I didn't think anything about his singing, but as he would get smiles he decided to Crescendo! My first thought was, "I hope people don't mind. Then I thought "no you dummy, I pray this GLORIFIES God." We received a couple annoyed looks, but praise God my son was singing His praise. What an outreach and from a 2 yr. old! (now i know that this is just a song to Vaughn right now, but I pray someday God will reveal a meaning to those words). There was a teenage girl in a dead stare listening to Vaughn, maybe God was speaking to her personally. Or she was incredibly annoyed! Hopefully not the latter. Anyway, I wanted to write down the lyrics (V.J. style). The words are slightly distorted, but who cares, all Walmart heard was "Blessed be Your name"
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your Glor-is name
You giv'n take awick,
mah heart will choose to said
Lord blessed be Your name
When the darkness shows me, Still I will sing
Blessed be Your name!
(ending with a dramatic crescendo to the last sentence)
P.S. Jesus...We love you, and blessed be Your name!
6 comments:
That's so cute! My first reaction, also, is to shush the kiddos when they're making too much noise singing, but you're right - worst case scenario, someone gets annoyed, and best -case scenario, God's Name is glorified.
After reading your previous post, I'm wondering how you even got that table/chairs home! What a great find!
Oh, the convience of a mini van! we had to take all the chairs out and push and shove. THen we just strapped the seats and kids to the cargo carrier on the top of the van and off we went!! (Don't worry Charity, they were all in their car seats!!) Uh...can child services call me if they read this? All well it made for a good laugh!!
Okay- that adorable pic of him in the last blog, and now you tell me he sings too? My heart has been stolen.
Okay, Sara but just so you know he also rudely burps, passes gas, and pees all over the bathroom floor. But I'm begining to think this is just a common male trait (all have it some are just worst than others) He is ADORABLE though isn't he? All three have stolen my heart as well!
Very sweet story from WalMart. I like it when the three little guys come into Creative Carpets. They are nice kids.
Lowell
He is so cute! Miss seeing you guys! I myself LOVE to sing that song also. He has good taste!
Post a Comment