Don't be alarmed by the picture you are going to see, it's just V.J. yes, still alive and breathing (by the Grace of God). I don't mean that to be light about the situation, but if it weren't for our God being in complete control of things Vaughn Jaydon would not be around right now. We've had so many near misses with him, yet all while escaping the E.R. .
I put the boys down for a nap a few minutes ago, and went into check on them, and this is what i found with our "funny man." The seriousness of the situation (although seeing him made me laugh) is that he does this kind of thing on a regular basis. Shaun went into check on him about a month ago (again nap time) and Vaughn was constricting his breathing with a belt tied around his chest, just under his arms. Shaun said that it scared him, because Vaughn had tied it so tight that Shaun couldn't get his finger underneath the belt. He said the only reason he went into their room, was because he felt like he was urged by the Holy Spirit to go check on him...amazing! We've unwrapped a plethora of "things" from his neck, fingers and legs. Not to mention digging things out of his mouth. The Lord is absolutely in control of little Vaughn, he is one little living testimony that our Father is real...there is no coincidence here.
Vaughn is compassionate, forgiving, funny, musically inclined (?), loud, needy, and should i mention a dare devil? With all of these characteristics though, his only hope rests on our Savior...thank you Jesus!
Seriously, what in the world goes through this child's head?
8 comments:
I have never found my kids asleep in a dangerous situation, but we have been in some pretty close calls! Praise God for His Protection! Praise God for the times when we get urged by the Holy Spirit, that something is just not right!
Hey, I have an idea, next time he falls asleep, lay an open bible across his head, and see if the power of God's word has an effect?
That made me think of something funny... About two years ago, Grace was reading, Battlefield of the Mind, for kids. When I went in my room, to check on her, she was asleep, with the book laying across her head. I thought it was funny because of the title, if I can find it, I will post it to my blog.
i used to wish i could crawl inside cami's little brain and see what was going on in there. then i decided that i didn't really want to know....
but wow! vaughn is way more .....umm....creative!
Better his Cubbies bag than a plastic Walmart bag, eh?
Seriously, just yesterday I had to tell Gabe to get a plastic ziploc off his head.
Being that my boys have a great love for rope, belts, and string of any kind, I also must give God ALL THE GLORY for protecting them over the years. Thankfully, we've had nothing more serious than an ugly rope burn.
Janal, that is a really good idea about putting the Bible on their head while they're sleeping. I've actually tried it on myself. You think I'm kidding, don't you?
NO, I DON'T ! BECAUSE I HAVE ALSO HELD THE WORD CLOSE TO ME, KNOWING , AND BELIEVING THERE IS POWER IN IT. MATERIALLY, IT IS JUST A BOOK, BUT THE WORDS IN IT ARE FROM GOD! IT IS PRECIOUS!
ooooooo, jessi...wait till he starts driving! :) seriously, that wasn't very funny, was it?
The pics of Grace are posted to my blog
Wow . . . VJ really "gets into" Cubbies!
Post a Comment