A life full of laughs, dirt, and bruises. All because of "mama's little men."

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Father's Day Weekend to Remember

On Saturday, we packed up and drove to Shaun's parents house up near Sandusky Ohio. We went to the African Safari drive-thru, yes I said DRIVE-THRU! We saw giraffes, buffalo, deer, elk, llamas, zebras, monkeys, and camels, along with other various animals. Now the whole point of this drive-thru is to have a close interaction with animals and a chance to feed them. For a small fee you can purchase a bucket of feed and carrots, and follow the path in your vehicle. It's just like you see on tv, with the "Funniest Home Videos." These animals would come right into your car if their heads could fit!








This was the car in front of us. At one point, I looked up from the back of the van and saw Shaun and his dad almost touching heads in the center under the rear view mirror. They were trying to get away from these hungry beasts!






The boys on their first camel ride.

Next, we went up to Marblehead which is a shoreline on Lake Erie. This was the boys first time to experience this type of creation so we took lots of pictures of our family, and with Grandpa and Grandma!


Shaun, Noah, and Vaughn looking on at God's beautiful creation! !



The boys with Grandpa and Grandma! Seth can't seem to stop looking at the loud noise of the water crashing against the rocks.



Happy Father's Day, Shaun! I love you!

Thank you Jesus for giving me a man who because of You, desires to live like You and raise our boys to know You! I love you Jesus, I am so inadequate to recieve everything You've place before me. I just pray that I can be a living testimony of Your faithfullness and love toward me, and the rest of the world. Thank you for being so gracious toward me, Jesus! ...I love You!

7 comments:

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Great pictures! Glad you guys got to get away and hang out with the parents. Looks like you guys had a blast!

LJL said...

Looks like ALL the boys are having a good time.

Margaret said...

sweet pics...i love the b&w.

Charity said...

The african safari drive-thru looks like a great place to go with kiddos. I love the pics - did you take one of Shaun and his dad cowering in the middle of the van?:-)

Jessi said...

Charity~ actually no! (bummer)I was in the back with seth filling his little belly, it was a Kodak moment though!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a WONDERFUL day! i, also, had a fathers' day to remember even though i'd rather forget. long story. maybe i'll blog about it later.

Debbie said...

This pictures are great your camera take wonderful shots whoever it might have alot to do with having good subjects to photograph ;)