Then on the other side of us we have, a wonderful couple who have two children fairly close to Noah and V.J.'s age. Except when they are outside our boys think our neighbors need to report to them and tell them what they are doing,and where they are going. (As if the boys have a legal or binding force for their questions). I heard Noah say to them last night, "hey, where are you guys going?" During the workweek, our neighbors leave around 8am, and you can bet the boys know. So outside they go yelling "hello! are you going to work today? or have a good day at work" This bothers me because I feel like they are being-no, i know-they are being a nuisance. Although they insist that the boys are fine.
When the kids are outside they think they MUST always play with the other two children, and so we always are going back and forth to play in each other's yard.
Now today was like any other day to play outside with our neighbors, except when Shaun called the boys in to eat lunch the other two children asked to play outside in our driveway. Shaun told them that was fine, so here we found ourselves eating with the kids playing ball in our drive! Shaun and I thought this was kinda funny! (We wanted to invite them in to eat, but didn't want to interrupt their eating schedule). So we kept eating when all of the sudden two little heads poke themselves up in our kitchen window and said " hey Jessi, what are you eating?" They had stood up on our park bench out side and looked in the window. Then they just kept carrying on conversation saying, "(inhale) uhm... what is that I smell? What are you eating? mmmm...I like tuna noodle casserole! Is Noah done?" Shaun turned politely and said "hey, guys let the boys eat and then they'll be out to play." They respectively said ok, but continued to comment "ohhh... I like tomatoes! BUT MY MOM DOESN"T! what is that, Jessi? What is on your plate? Shaun and I were laughing at this point never experiencing this before. Here is a picture of what it looked like...
Thank you Jesus for giving us such good neighbors for our boys to play with! Thank you for these sweet little children, and the safe neighborhood you provide for us!
2 comments:
Gee, we have neighbor issues too. It is not unusual for kids to be ringing our doorbell or peeking in our windows all hours of the day. I would be lying if I said I was completely comfortable with this. I enjoy a certain amount of privacy and sulk when I feel like I don't have the freedom to walk around my own house in my underwear if I want to. (Or maybe that would scare them enough to stop peeking in our windows?)
Anyways, you have a good attitude about it, Jessi. I need you to give me some lessons.
you may need to gently explain to the parents that although your kids enjoy the company of their kids, you'd really like the courtesy of a phone call to see if this is a good time, and promise that you will do the same (or something like that). or you may simply be able to explain it to the kids themselves. if they forget and show up anyway, tell them you'd like them to go back home and practice that phone call before your kids get to come out and play.
i should tell you that this isn't advice based on experience because we've never had this "problem", but that's where i think i'd start if i were in your shoes.
Post a Comment