A life full of laughs, dirt, and bruises. All because of "mama's little men."

Monday, June 9, 2008

The missing GUM!

This morning the boys both asked for a piece of gum, and I said that would be okay. I told them that when they were finished with it to please throw it away. I put Seth to bed for his nap, and started to clean up the house. The boys at this time had taken a break from outside and came in to watch a favorite tv show. I happened to look down at Vaughn and what I saw made me want to yell, but I didn't because somehow I thought it was funny. I tried to make myself sound stern and said, "where is your gum, Vaughn?" He looked up at me startled. He had been completely engrossed in Super Why (tv show) that he had no idea where his gum was. He said repeatedly, "me not swallow it mommy" As I ran to get my camera Noah knew something was up and started to search for it, looking everywhere. I snapped this picture before V.J. really caught onto what was going on. All he knew is that he lost his gum and if he didn't find it, he'd be in trouble. This is what I saw...

He had no idea where he put his gum. We're so very thankful that his wise older brother was right on top of things and found the missing GUM!

7 comments:

Charity said...

lol - that's so typically vaughn! i haven't let karis chew gum yet; but that hasn't stopped her from picking up ABC gum at Wal-Mart or out of our trash can and chewing it. maybe next time she can just pull it off Vaughn's face and have at it. i think we need to keep them both away from Maid Wright's!

Anonymous said...

that picture is hilarious! i wish i could have been there to watch the whole encounter :)

charity - did you spell maid rites that way on purpose?

Charity said...

oh dee, i knew you'd come through for me on my spelling. :-) i've eaten there about once a year since we've moved here and honestly couldn't remember how it's spelled. in any case, karis isn't going near there for at least 2 or 3 more years!

Anonymous said...

i don't blame you - i'd keep her away, too........unless you go through the drive through. then you just have to keep the windows closed ;)

Kati said...

The funniest thing about that picture is that he looks completely OBLIVIOUS to the fact that there's a big glob of gum on his face.

I'm thankful God gives us moments just to laugh at our children!

Jessi said...

I'm telling you ladies, he had NO CLue! It was so funny...God is so amazing !

Jessi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.