A life full of laughs, dirt, and bruises. All because of "mama's little men."

Monday, September 8, 2008

Job complete...well almost complete!

I know that most of you reading this blog know that we've been up to our eyeballs in this-n-that. Just when we thought that we could not take on one more thing, the Lord pushes on and shows us that we have more endurance than what we think we have! He gave us a great idea to take wasted space in this little 1250 sq ft home and make a little office/study. God has given us so much grace and provided for everything that we need, but God has expectations of us, and we've had to work hard for everything. Not a big problem with us, we both like to work, but we were both coming to the point of frustration and exhaustion.
Now, with this project out of the way, and most of the clean up done, we are breathing a huge SIGH of relief! Here's a few pictures to show you what went on in the last 2 demolition weeks at the King home...Welcome to one wall in our bedroom...i know, not impressive. You can see the closet doors and the stark white walls that held horrible storage. It was so hard to reach back behind those walls to try to get anything out. we decided to knock out the walls, slide the doors all the way down to the right and make the 4 1/2 foot area left over office space. Then Shaun could shut our door and study in a quiet area.



This was taken after demo, just a complete mess...i had everything covered up with sheets and blankets and i still had to rewash a lot of stuff.



Yep more dust...




Finished project! except the trim which is why i said "Job Almost Complete" I'm not expecting to get to it for another year or so, i'm tired and tired of painting! This is good for right now, unless I get winter cabin fever. Yes, Charity, painting will be my winter activity this year-not having babies! HA! Dee, don't forget to show Todd, he was asking about it at church yesterday!

10 comments:

Kati said...

Wow, what a change! It doesn't look like the same space!!

I heard Shaun had a really cute helper. (You haven't had any fires yet, right?)

Anonymous said...

that's great that he has his own study corner! no excuses now, eh? tell him we expect excellent grades!

Jessi said...

Katie~ uhm...how do i respond to THAT????? NOpe no fires, if it's been 11yrs. for you i think we're good! YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!

Dee~so far he has a 97% average, i call him "smartypants" or "smartipants" (i don't know which) it makes him laugh!!!

**Remember**This is the man who said he would NEVER EVER go back to school! HA! up until last year when the Lord started working on him!

Margaret said...

that's really cool...what you've done with that area- very innovative!

i know what you mean about those kinds of jobs being exhausting!

Kati said...

You can agree that he's cute. I don't mind. :)

Charity said...

I guess if you compare painting to having babies . . . painting stays dry longer and has less fumes. And when you get tired of it you can just walk away for a year or 2!

Jessi, that's amazing - let's just say it would have taken us way more than a week to finish a project like that!

Jodi Bradshaw said...

Looks great! I love the colors that you guys picked out for the room. That will be a great place for Shaun to study - now if you can just figure out a way to keep the boys out! :)

And I must agree with Charity that it would take us much longer than a week to complete that!

Jessi said...

Miss Kati~ again, YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!

Miss Charity~ good one! I laughed so hard! You and Kati have been on a roll lately! You both are always good with laughs now that i think about it! i think your right with the comparisons!
shaun told me last night that i need to quit saying that we're not having anymore babies. I asked why? we're not. And he said oh, "but God has a sense of humor, and he loves a good laugh!"I said but God is not malicious.(if i didn't know better i could easily see how malicious would come to mind by bearing a fourth at this point in my life)! he said, Jess, stop saying that, or you know what could happen!" ;)

Just so I'm clear...it's not a that child turns me away, i would love to adopt some day...it's the physical pregnancy, c-section, and recovery that really turns me away! but hey, if it's God's desire for us, then we will trust He knows better (as always)

Anonymous said...

Great job. I'm impressed! Next time I need more space in our place I'll give you a call.

Jessi said...

Todd~ just so you know, we'd be happy for a phone call, *BUT* we will require you to sign a disclosure statement because we're NOT professionals!