A life full of laughs, dirt, and bruises. All because of "mama's little men."

Friday, September 26, 2008

Random thoughts

I feel as though I have hardly anything to blog about, but I miss blogging so here I am. Can you believe Shaun just interrupted me stating; " I can't believe your not watching the debate?" Honestly, I am so against Obama that NOTHING he says will persuade me to even think about tossing a vote in his favor. So, I feel quite comfortable knowing that my husband will relay all the highlights, and I can continue on with my random-ness!

To say the least, I have had so many challenges and even more blessings the last 6 wks. ! I'm still adjusting to Shaun's school schedule, and all the mundane things in life that just seems harder now that Shaun is busy with school/work 80 hrs. a week. on top of that God has mixed up MY world a little and got me out of that "comfort zone" that I was quite happy in. I've been told it's a good thing, but it's been a little ground shaking for me. No worries, I know it's all part of a divine plan, and I pray that i can submit to that plan and choose to obey!
This past Wed. we were in Xenia for a funeral (Shaun's grandmother past away) we knew the time was coming, it was all a matter of when. But that took all day, in the middle of the week which in turn threw me off once more...but it's all okay, REALLY!
Chicago is just 2 wks away! very excited about that...I've heard we won't get much rest, but what a thrill to spend 3 days focusing on the Lord! No interruptions, no laundry, cleaning, screaming, demanding, yelling. Just God and Jessi...ahhh...i will miss the kisses the hugs, the laughs, their dirty faces, and Shaun coming home with a sigh of relief to just be here! I know this is only 3 days, but hey, it's my first trip away from my family!
Women's study this fall is Jesus the One and Only a Beth Moore study, and a verse popped out at me and inspired me to make a sign to hang in our dining room. Luke 1:31,33 "...and you shall call Him Jesus...His kingdom shall have no end." I'm not one to cut and chop up verses, but these are the parts of the verse that stick out to me, so I made a sign to remember it. Something to meditate on throughout the days. Jesus. Jesus? Jesus! You are real (period), You are a wonder (question mark), and You alone are pure joy (exclamation)! I love you, Jesus!

25 comments:

Kati said...

Sharing in your excitement for Chicago! Can't wait!

Sharing in your excitement for Jesus in general! Oh, I am so thankful!

Anonymous said...

i had to chuckle at your desire to post simply because it's been awhile. i was thinking the same thing just last night! i sat for quite awhile trying to decide what to write about. then, it suddenly occurred to me that today (saturday) i had so much going on that if i just waited, i was sure i'd not only have a post but pictures to go with it. so, we'll see....

by the way, i like your random thoughts :)

JanAl said...

Good thing you chose to not watch the debate. I found myself getting angry, and yelling at the tv. Obama was very rude, and kept interupting Mccain. And watching the media this morning putting their "spin" on it, it just makes me want to puke!!!!!!!I wish we could vote now and just get this over with!

Nicole Marie said...

I watched like 5 minutes of the debate and that was all i needed to see... lets just say i want not impressed by obama....

Charity said...

Yeah, I thought McCain handled himself much better than Obama - it's a wonder to me that more people can't see right through him. Anyway, Jessi, I know that wasn't at all the main point of your post, but I couldn't help throwing my 2 cents in, as always. :D

I haven't decided whether or not I'm crazy about this study, but I have really taking an in-depth look at the life of Christ. If nothing else, it's forcing me to drag myself out of bed a little earlier!

Jessi said...

miss charity~ About the study...I am just thankful that Beth has also shown growth. Judging from the daniel study and the Palms study...she has really grown these last 7 yrs. it's challenging going back isn't it? but you are so right when you say that it's just important that we know Jesus more and more!
I'm waiting for a Song of Songs study!!!! who wants to do that? i sure do! I think that would be soooo incredible...i've never studied that book, nor have i read it completely! but what a study for women, unless anyone out there would suggest otherwise. Maybe i'm out of my mind...

Kati said...

Song of Songs????? Are you kidding, Jessi? We're not supposed to talk about THAT stuff at church!!!!! :) :) :)

Jessi said...

all the more why...

Jessi said...

...or maybe Ruth or Esther would be better?

Jessi said...

kati~ i should comment about why i said "all the more why" not out of rebellion, but because it's not ever discussed. I felt like i came across as rebellous ;)

Kati said...

I didn't take it like that, I know you well enough, I think. :)

Seriously, I would love to study Song of Songs. We did a study at our last church, a video study by Tommy Nelson that was really good. I don't know how much stuff there is out there on Song of Songs. Maybe you should bring it up to someone as a potential class for summer studies next year???? I'm not sure it would have its full effect unless we studied it WITH our husbands. :)

JanAl said...

I read it every night at bedtime to Cleyo! HA HA! HE HE! Hey, it is God's word, it is there for a reason. I would have to take it with Cleyo, it inspires tingly feelings in me, if you know what I mean? :]

Jessi said...

janal, you make me laugh ;)

kati~ see, i've not studied it enough to know if it would be better for just us females or with our much wiser males...BUT my heart just desires to walk through scripture as women and focus on "women things" like women in the bible. I would prefer to go through a book of the bible like our church as a whole does! I love Beth Moore, and respect her, but for some reason this study isn't hitting the "filling up spot" with me! (i know, i keep asking for it don't I?)

it seems like too much in just 6 wks. but obviously, since you've done it bfore, you'd know better than I :)

JanAl said...

Jessi~
In all seriousness, I have not taken a study as powerful as "Daniel", but that book itself is full of powerful experiences.
This is my 2nd time taking this study, and I have not had any "ahha moments", but I love to learn about the character of God.
Just like our walk with God, we are not always on a "high". But, God is faithful to grow us in wisdom, by our being faithful to the study of His word. The Lord will use this study at some point in your walk, whether it is using the information you have learned about in Luke, knowing Him on a more personal level, or for whatever reason God had you to take this study.

Jessi said...

janal~ i'm sorry...somewhere i have left a confusing message about the way i feel. The Lord indeed is providing lots of wisdom and growth from this study. All i was commenting on, was that it's not deep enough to fill the desires that He alone has planted inside of me! agian, i appologize for sending out confusing messages...

JanAl said...

Don't apologize, I could have definetly read into this wrong. I wrote this last comment as a way to encourage you.
Now, I am going to say this as an encouragement also; pray, and ask the Lord to fill those desires, I know He wants!!!

Margaret said...

chicago? can't wait! (even tho it's laina's 11th birthday on thurs.- i'm feeling kinda bad about that)

election? here's the thing about obama...i can't get a good read on him and that's what makes me nervous about him.

challenges? those are what keep us on our knees before a Holy God!

comfort zone? who wants to be comfortable, anyway? :)

beth moore study? i like the way she keeps us in the Word and makes us really think about the verse. that in itself is good discipline.

song of songs study? i've read the book several times and i would be ambivalent about doing it as a couples' study. i would love to study it with my husband, but not sure i would want to study it with other men present. somehow, it just doesn't seem appropriate to talk that graphically (and the book IS grapic) in front of other men; i have a feeling it would make my husband a little nervous in front of other women. i think the topic of "marital relations" is one we all (if we're honest with ourselves) have questions about and at times is downright frustrating, but i'm not sure how we could best discuss the topic. hmmm...you've given me something to ponder, jessi.

JanAl said...

Margaret~
Thurs is Sheldon's sweet 13, and honestly, my heart is a little saddened to know I will not be with him that day. But i am looking forward to the Chicago conference, I'm already feeling blessed by being able to go!
And, I also think doing a Song of Songs, with other men would not be good, I know Cleyo would not be up for that, but I would still like to do a study with him, when the kids go to bed. HAHA!
And Jessi~~~~
I can't wait to spend time with you in chicago, I am anticipating this to be a life changing event, from everything I have read, and heard.

Jessi said...

i as well agree...

Jessi said...

oh, i don't think i could study something like this with other men present...but seems like it would teach me a lot...maybe after this i will dig into Soloman's Song and see what it's about...

Kati said...

So the consensus is................we all individually do a Song of Songs study together with our husbands????

JanAl said...

You know what I find cool????
Is how many comments came from a random thought!
Sorry, I find a lot of things funny that others don't!
Kati~~
I'm going to tell Cleyo it was your idea!!! HAHA!HEHE!
Then I am going to tell him, that I am going to blog about the study! :] :] :] :] :} :]
Now, I need to get myself in "Martha mode", before lifegroup starts!

Margaret said...

actually janal, i think i seriously might have the same brand of humor you do! :)

JanAl said...

Margaret~
I don't know if I should tell you, that you are blessed or cursed. When I try to be funny, I'm the only one who finds it funny. Well, Cleyo thinks I'm funny, but I think most of the time he is laughing at me!

Hey, when you are in public areas, and you are by yourself, do you ever LAUGH OUT LOUD at something funny you said, or thought? I do! I wonder how many people think I am schitzo? It could be worse, wait a minute, I was going to say that at least I don't talk to myself in public, BUT I DO!!! UH OH!

Margaret said...

ohmyword, janal...yeah, i do lol in weird places...sometimes even when it's absolutely not appropriate to laugh and i just get this huge laughing bubble come up from somewhere. maybe we better not sit together at the conference!! :)