Well, our babiest boy is now one! On Friday he turned one yr. old, but we celebrated on Sat. with my parents and Shaun's parents. He received his first McD's happy meal the night before on a date with mommy. Shaun was at school, and our two other babies were at Shaun's mom's house spending the night. So it was date night for Seth and Mommy, and he didn't mind all the attention a bit. :)
I knew during my pregnancy that he was going to be a great baby, and he is. All of my pregnancies have reflected their personality, and Seth was so laid back, go-with-the-flow, inside my belly, and still has those characteristics today. Here are the pictures from his birthday...
I wanted to do a "farm animals" theme, and wanted to make a cake for Seth, but Shaun refused to allow me saying I didn't have the time to make a cake...he was right! I'm thankful that I have a husband that knows when I need to quit, because i would just keep going! Thanks Shaun!
Anyway, back to the cake, Shaun went to Walmart to buy a premade cake, and found this! it was adorable with the harvest and farm theme!
Here are the most obvious pictures...
Older siblings ready to swipe a lick at first chance.
Digging in deeper...
Still digging...and LOVING it!
Pausing for a quick refreshment...
Done!
Quick clean up...
And opening his present!
Then we took Grandpa and Grandma to the car show on Broadway, and they took us out to eat afterwards. All-in-all we had a great healthy, safe, wonderful weekend! Oh, I forgot to mention that the reason the title says "seffers" is because that's how V.J. addresses him and it kinda sticks around here!
8 comments:
i just LOVE pictures of the first birthday cake being devoured by the fistful! and date night with mommy....we regularly did that too! loved it! ty doesn't want dates with his mom anymore, though, because he doesn't want to have to talk. sigh! so, soak up those moments!!!
i LOVE that one picture of seth devouring his cake and his eyes are absolutely shining...so sweet.
Dee~ the cake is the ONLY reason i even do a 1st b-day! i do not look forward to those days when our dates are over...sigh
Margret~he has never been so excited about anything up to this point!
Now there's a man who knows how to enjoy his dessert!! I showed Malachi the pictures of Seth digging in, so he could see what he has to look forward to next month. I don't know which I'll be celebrating more on his birthday: the fact that he's one, or the fact that I've been non-pregnant for a year. :D
charity~ i'm with ya on that one. i think you might beat me in the "having babies back-to-back" dept. How many yrs? 4 in 5yrs? that's pretty impressive...don't worry, i have NOOOOOO desire to try and keep up with you... you win!
Oh, you mean "Seffers" isn't his real name? I have caught myself calling him that now because I've heard you call him that so often. :)
Awesome, precious pictures.
Aww...happy late birthday to Seth! I miss seeing your boys! So do Jax and Ave! Maybe someday soon!! love to ya all!
adorable pictures! i miss seeing your boys every sunday!
Post a Comment