This blog is just to testify God's amazing grace (to say the least). I am a new creation...a transformation. God has worked on me SO much this last yr. and the year isn't over yet. He's always been in my life, and I am a living testimony proving that we are predestined. No doings of my own. My thoughts and choices did not concern God (that's what I thought...I was a good person, right?) ***cringe***but looking back, God's grace was all over my past, it's here in my present, and in my future. I'm in awe...and He loves me! The following is just little tidbits of how i used to think. I thought it was kinda comical, because I've been turned completely opposite!
If you would have told me 6 yrs. ago that i didn't know the man i married, i would've said; "what do you know?" (i really had no idea!)
If you would have told me that one day i would love, respect, and submit to my husband, i would've said; "I'm NOT submitting to anyone!"
If you would have told me that i could be happy and content living on so little, i would have laughed at you.
If you would have told me i would be driving a 1998 Chevy Venture mini van, and loving it, i would have said; "As long as nobody sees me in it, I have an image to keep! "
If you would have told me that i would have 3 babies in 44 months, i would've said; no way. "I'm not getting married until I'm 28, and I'm not having kids until I'm 30!" (I'll be 27 in Oct.). HA!
If you would have told me that one day i would rather read and learn about Jesus than watch American Idol, i would've said; but it's American Idol! I LOVE that show!
If you would have told me that Jesus is all i really need, i would've said; "i do need those really cute shoes though!" (I was a prisoner to this world).
If you would have told me that i would be surrounded by the most incredible friends, i would've said; "how?" (i didn't know what "incredible friends" were, what they looked like, or where they came from). Thank you Jesus!
If you would've told me that one day our Savior would fill me with a passion to know Him and a desire to have a relationship with Him, i would have said nothing. (it would have knocked me out, wait...it already did!)
I love you Jesus, and thank you for loving me through it all, and even what's to come!
A life full of laughs, dirt, and bruises. All because of "mama's little men."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Amen, sister!!
And I think minivans from the late 90's are COOL! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!!!!
I loved this, Jessi...so incredibly postitive. It would probably do all of us some good to think back on how faithful God has been to us even when we didn't deserve it!
Oh man! Those late 90's minivans are to DIE for!
Can I need Jesus AND shoes??? :)
(said with a grimace)
your words are a beautiful testimony to what God has done and is doing in your life, jessi. you really make Jesus sweet to those who don't know Him, and even to those who do :) may He continue to be your Everything!
FYI.. your son was completely adorable and sweet today!!
and maybe i will stick to the not getting married anytime soon thing ;-) 28 is only 7 more years away for me!! (ask my mom what she thinks;-)!!)
God is just awesoemly faithful!!
Beautiful! Just beautiful!
Just so you know I'm Anna from church (and the Dominican Republic!)
just so you know, you are all "those incredible friends" even those of you who would qualify as my "much older sister" :)
Anna, thank you! but i know who you are! ;) actually i know more about you than what you think, with church, outreach team, and being in david and lyndie's LIFE group!
Amen! I cringe at the thought of all that I would have said, or have said! Praise God for His mercy, and patience.
Post a Comment