Thank you Father for giving me the ability to discern the amount of time I need to allow in between checking up on my kids. If it were not for You to give me this ability, I would not have turned to check on him.
A life full of laughs, dirt, and bruises. All because of "mama's little men."
Monday, August 4, 2008
A Horrible Scare
At 3:40 this afternoon I was confronted with a breathtaking scare. Dinner was being prepared, Noah was watching TV, Vaughn was playing outside, Seth was in the boys' room playing as he loves. Then Shaun called home and distracted me for a few minutes. When I got off the phone I heard Seth playing and having a good time, and I headed back toward the kitchen to start dinner. Then something stopped me, and I thought "I'd better just make sure Seth is okay before I get any further." I walked back to the boys' room and looked on the floor, but didn't see him. Then I looked UP. ahhhh...(followed by my heart stopping and a big GASP) Seth Had managed to climb up every single step until he reached the very top step of the bunk bed. He was trying to get his little foot over the rails to hop into Noah's bed. This was such a close call...probably the closest one yet. I yelled for Noah to get my camera (because that's important, right?) as I braced Seth securely. Then I kept one arm extended and stretchhhhed my camera back as far as I could to take a picture. I had to show you all this closer-than-ever-call. 
Thank you Father for giving me the ability to discern the amount of time I need to allow in between checking up on my kids. If it were not for You to give me this ability, I would not have turned to check on him.
Thank you Father for giving me the ability to discern the amount of time I need to allow in between checking up on my kids. If it were not for You to give me this ability, I would not have turned to check on him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Maybe Seth will be one to give Vaughn a run for his money as far as ingenuity? (For your sake, I hope not.:)
Yikes! Our kids are determined to make sure we develop plenty of gray hair, aren't they?
It's a cute picture, that makes me rethink ever wanting to use bunk beds. Heather T.
Jaxin and Avery have always been climbers too! Must be in the blood. =) We haven't broken any bones yet (knock on wood).
Go Seth! That's pretty impressive. He does remind me a lot of Karis at that age. What a cutie!
Post a Comment